Bath time has become something of a religious experience around my house these days. The ritual has been fined tuned over the past 6 months to a perfect science. Here is my precious skin bath time program step by step:
1. My bath time starts with me putting on my summer jamz playlist via bluetooth with my ChicBuds Porta Party Speaker.
2. Pick a new book to read from my personal home library. The current novel I am reading is Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut.
3. Now it's time to get the bath going! First step is perfecting the temperature, I like it slightly above body temp, rolling at about 100 degrees. Once I have temp right, I add 2 cups of epsom salts right under the tap so it dissolves nicely.
4. My love for coconut oil is eternal and great. Obsessed with adding coconut oil to my bath water. I add two tablespoons to the running water. It keeps my skin from getting dried out from the epsom salts.
5. My third ingredient to a perfect bath is lavender oil. Add 10-15 drops of lavender oil to add some super awesome aromatherapy to your experience.
6. After the bath is running and the salt and oils are in to melt and mix, I do a full dry body brush. I like doing this before I jump in the water. I start with my feet and work the brush toward my heart. I continue brushing above my heart again but always in the direction of my heart. This is the best exfoliation method I have found. It increases circulation and also fights cellulite. Completely obsessed with the dry body brush moment.
7. Jump into the bath and enjoy the soak. At least 20 minutes for epsom salts to do their magic and detox my skin and muscles. This is when the book comes in very handy. If I don't feel like reading then I do my visualization exercises.
8. When my 20 minutes is up, the scrub gloves come out. I give my body the once over with the gloves to be sure there is no rogue skin left.
9. Once my final scrub is done, I cover my bod with hibiclense to make sure I am all disinfected and then one more rinse in the coconut oil/ epsom salt bath mix.
10. Towel off with perfectly clean, exfoliated and moisturized skin and then pass out for a nap.